Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sweet Potato Fries from Ellen

Here is another of Ellen's recipes--her Pumpkin Bread is already a fan favorite around my house (I've eaten half the loaf personally)! Thanks Ellen! I miss and love you! I'm posting this just as a "side" because I don't know if a potato is a vegetable or not! Is it?

sweet potato fries

just take a sweet potato, and cut it into strips or your desired chunkiness for eating

spread some extra virgin olive oil on a cooking sheet, and throw the sweet potato strips on the sheet.

mix the potatoes around the oil with your fingers, you'll get messy!

sprinkle some sea salt or regular salt over them and pop in the oven 400 degrees for about 15 min, or your desired crispiness.

sweet potatoes are rich in fiber and antioxidants and loaded with vitamin A and have a tiny bit of calcium. - sorry i have to include the healthiness of why it's good for you :)

No comments: